About Sensational Kids
Sensational Kids is is Ireland’s premier non-profit child development centre for children with neurodevelopmental related needs. We provide affordable and accessible therapy services for children and adolescents through our network of four Child Development Centres in Kildare, Mayo, Monaghan, and West Cork with a friendly and inspiring team of professionals with whom you will work alongside, advancing your own knowledge and contributing to the field as you learn and grow in your role. Sensational Kids is at an exciting stage of development and growth. Supported by Rethink Ireland as a Growth Fund awardee we are growing our social impact nationally.
We are seeking to add two professionals to our new senior management team as we enter a new phase of growth (Head of Operations & Services and Head of Business Development & Marketing). Together with the CEO and Financial Controller, the senior management team will provide leadership to the organisation and share responsibility for implementing the growth strategy and attaining targets for turnover and numbers of children reached.
A career at Sensational Kids will challenge you, inspire you, and motivate you to make a difference in the lives of children and families!
If you are a positive, energetic, resourceful, self-motivated person who has the maturity and confidence to succeed in a busy environment and as part of a dynamic team this is the role for you!
Head of Operations and Services
The Head of Operations and Services will manage all day to day operations of the organisation including the provision of services, retail operations, training events and management of staff and contractors. The role also takes responsibility for regulatory compliance, policies, and procedures. The head of operations and services will be a key support in developing and providing support on the internal systems to keep the organisation running efficiently.
- Day to day management of team of 20+ employees, 6 sub-contractors and 3 CET/Tus Scheme workers including recruitment and retention of staff and clinical sub-contractors, performance management including conducting annual reviews and approval of CPD and training, approving time sheets & leave requests. Run all staff meetings and communication with staff.
- Overseeing the provision of clinical services including managing SLAs
- Managing the retail function which provides income in support of Sensational Kids operations, including efficient stock management systems and identifying ways to increase that income stream, e.g. identifying new suppliers & new products
- Reviewing and developing processes and policies are required, and in particular identifying areas for improvement across all functions to ensure efficiency
- Measuring and monitoring customer feedback
- Developing systems and reports for impact measurement
- Ensure compliance with regulatory, internal and best-practice policies and procedures including child protection, GDPR, health and safety and the conduct of appropriate risk assessments; and ensuring premises maintenance.
Qualifications and Experience
- A strong candidate will have held operational responsibility for an organisation or a division/unit of an organisation of at least 20 staff and with an annual turnover of at least €1 million
- Experience in managing a team across multiple locations, ideally in provision of a clinical, healthcare or social service
- Experience in managing projects and systems, ideally with some management retail experience
- Previous role on a small management team in a social enterprise, an entrepreneurial SME or start-up
Are you the right person for the role?
- Are you inspired and energised by the work of social entrepreneurs and social enterprises?
- Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment in collaboration with a team?
- Are you a dynamic person who can adapt to working on varying projects?
- Are you fun to work with and do you act with authenticity and integrity in everything you do?
- Are you a really good operations manager with a proven track record?
Sensational Kids has four locations around Ireland with our HQ in Kildare Town so you could be located anywhere in Ireland in the vicinity of any of our four locations. Flexible working arrangements are available including working from home.
Q4 2020 with date to be agreed with the successful candidate
- Competitive Salary is available for the right candidate
- Competitive annual leave package with additional annual leave increments
- Full Time, Permanent Role
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying please send your CV and cover letter detailing why you believe you are the right person for this role to Karen Leigh, CEO, by email to Karen@sensationalkids.ie
Closing date for applications is Friday 9th October, 2020
Sensational Kids is an equal opportunities employer