About Sensational Kids
Sensational Kids is is Ireland’s premier non-profit child development centre for children with neurodevelopmental related needs. We provide affordable and accessible therapy services for children and adolescents through our network of four Child Development Centres in Kildare, Mayo, Monaghan, and West Cork with a friendly and inspiring team of professionals with whom you will work alongside, advancing your own knowledge and contributing to the field as you learn and grow in your role. Sensational Kids is at an exciting stage of development and growth. Supported by Rethink Ireland as a Growth Fund awardee we are growing our social impact nationally.
We are seeking to add two professionals to our new senior management team as we enter a new phase of growth (Head of Operations & Services and Head of Business Development & Marketing). Together with the CEO and Financial Controller, the senior management team will provide leadership to the organisation and share responsibility for implementing the growth strategy and attaining targets for turnover and numbers of children reached.
A career at Sensational Kids will challenge you, inspire you, and motivate you to make a difference in the lives of children and families!
If you are a positive, energetic, resourceful, self-motivated person who has the maturity and confidence to succeed in a busy environment and as part of a dynamic team this is the role for you!
Head of Business Development and Marketing
This is an opportunity to develop a strategy that builds the numbers of children receiving of services, critical to our growth and impact as an organisation. It includes a very ‘hands-on’ role in implementing that strategy, organising events and delivering marketing activities. This is a part-time, permanent role with flexible working arrangements (20 hours per week).
- Develop a business development and marketing strategy that will increase the number of children receiving therapy services from Sensational Kids in line with our strategy and the capacity of our locations
- Implement this strategy, working closely with Sensational Kids therapists in our locations
- Preparing proposals for service level agreements with service providers and agreeing and setting terms of these SLAs
- Organisation and promotion of workshop events for parents and teachers provided by Sensational Kids therapists
- Organising and promoting all of Sensational Kids professional development training workshops
- Ensuring broad public awareness of the organisation nationwide and other marketing activity in support of fundraising initiatives
- Communications including newsletters and social media, press releases and website updates
- Managing online store updates
- Promotion and marketing of online shop and retail outlets
Qualifications and Experience
- Marketing and/or communications experience and qualifications
- Demonstrated track record of growing a service and ideally growing retail income streams too.
- Experience in working with parent groups, service providers and other service users
- Previous role on a small management team in a social enterprise, an entrepreneurial SME or start-up
Are you the right person for the role?
- Are you inspired and energised by the work of social entrepreneurs and social enterprises?
- Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment in collaboration with a team?
- Are you a dynamic person who can adapt to working on varying projects?
- Are you fun to work with and do you act with authenticity and integrity in everything you do?
- Do you love marketing and communications and have a proven track record in this area?
Sensational Kids has four locations around Ireland with our HQ in Kildare Town so you could be located anywhere in Ireland in the vicinity of any of our four locations. Flexible working arrangements are available including working from home.
Q4 2020 with date to be agreed with the successful candidate
- Competitive Salary is available for the right candidate
- Competitive annual leave package with additional annual leave increments
- Part Time, Permanent Role with flexible working arrangements
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying please send your CV and cover letter detailing why you believe you are the right person for this role to Karen Leigh, CEO, by email to Karen@sensationalkids.ie
Closing date for applications is Friday 9th October, 2020
Sensational Kids is an equal opportunities employer