Sensational Kids is seeking an experienced and talented, pediatric occupational therapist to join our incredible team at our new Child Development Centre in Claremorris, County Mayo, to cover maternity leave from the mid June.
We have an exciting vacancy for an experienced occupational therapist to join our progressive, award winning service. The ideal candidate should have at least a years post graduate experience in paediatrics, training in sensory integration and demonstrate a passion and commitment to Sensational Kids. This is a full-time, fixed term role to cover maternity leave for a period of 6 months.
About Sensational Kids
Sensational Kids is a national award-winning non-profit organisation serving children and adolescents, in a progressive, comprehensive, client centred model.
Sensational Kids operates as a child development centre, providing three key offerings for children and their families; subsidised early intervention services for children in need of additional support, a child development and learning store providing a range of skill building toys and therapy products, and professional development training workshops for those working with children with additional needs. Collectively, these services are ensuring that the children benefiting from them can improve their skills and maximise their potential.
Our new Claremorris Child Development Centre provides a state of the art facility and an inspiring team of professionals with whom you will work alongside, advancing your own knowledge and contributing to the field as you learn and grow in your role. Candidates must be motivated, passionate, flexible, and willing to contribute to the growth of our company. A career at Sensational Kids will challenge you, inspire you, and motivate you to make a difference in the lives of children and families!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provision of family-centred therapy including assessment and intervention for children and young people in both clinic and community settings through individualised and group treatment sessions
- To act as a member of the Occupational Therapy and Multidisciplinary teams in the planning, provision and development of professional quality services.
- To support, share advice and liaise with our team with respect to the delivery of the clinical services
- To maintain professional and clinical records of individual and group therapy sessions using computerised clinical management software.
- To participate in clinical team meetings, case conferences and any other service meetings
- To ensure that all documentation, including individual clinical records are maintained in a secure, orderly and confidential manner and to maintain confidentiality in respect to all matters arising from your official duties.
- Delivery of training programs and workshops to school staff and families on areas relevant to Occupational Therapy
- Ensuring the maintenance and development of the therapy rooms and therapy equipment, ensuring the health and safety of all equipment is regularly assessed
- Ensuring the maintenance of professional development and the regular attendance, participation in and contribution to CPD opportunities.
- To provide clinical supervision and support to basic grade occupational therapists, students, volunteers and interns.
- Be able to carry out the competencies of an Occupational Therapist Role in accordance with aoti guidelines
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Occupational Therapy and validation of that qualification to work in Ireland
- A minimum of one years post qualification experience in paediatric occupational therapy
- Experience in evaluating and treating a variety of neurodevelopmental conditions
- Experience designing and implementing sensory diets
- CPD in Sensory Processing
- Access to a car for offsite visits
- AOTI Membership
- Coru Registration
- Experience in administering and interpreting a variety of assessment tools, which may include some of the following assessments that you will have access to:
- DTVP-3: Developmental Test of Visual Perception
- Bruininks 2 (BOT-2)
- Sensory Processing Measure
- SP 2 (Sensory Profile 2)
- VMI (Test of Visual-Motor Integration 6th Edition)
- MABC 2 (Movement ABC)
- DASH (Detailed Assessment of Speed of Handwriting)
- DASH 17 + (Detailed Assessment of Speed of Handwriting)
- Irish Adaptation of the Handwriting Speed Test
- Peabody Developmental Motor Scales, 2nd Edition (PDMS-2)
- Test of Visual Perception Skills 3 (TVPS-3)
- SIPT (Sensory Integration Praxis Test)
Hours of work
35 hours (5 days) per week Tuesday – Saturday inclusive
Appointments are our child development centre are available from 10am to 6pm Tuesday to Friday and from 9am – 4.30pm on Saturdays.
Some flexibility is required to meet our clients’ needs and working hours may change with service requirements.
Term of employment
Full time post for a fixed term to cover maternity leave, expected to commence in mid June.
This post is based in Claremorris, Co Mayo
The salary for this post is based on the experience of the successful candidate.
Our team are fully supported with regular clinical supervision, and opportunities to attend all of Sensational Kids professional development workshops, presented by worldwide experts. Members of our team have undertaken further specialist training in Ireland, the UK & USA in:
- sensory processing;
- hippotherapy (occupational therapy using horses);
- auditory verbal therapy (speech therapy specifically for children with hearing loss); and
- sensory attachment intervention
Combined these supports ensure that our therapy team deliver the highest quality and most up to date interventions, ensuring that we deliver a better service and ultimately, better outcomes for children.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and letter of application outlining why you want to join our team.
By Email: Karen@sensationalkids.ie
Unit F2 Kildare Business Park
Closing Date for applications is Friday 8th May 2020
Interviews will take place in Mayo