We are recruiting a full-time Occupational Therapist for our custom built Child Development Centre in Claremorris, Co Mayo
An amazing opportunity to join our progressive team at Sensational Kids to make a difference to the lives of children.
If you are a positive, energetic, resourceful, self-motivated person who has the maturity and confidence to succeed in a busy environment and as part of a dynamic team this is the role for you!
A career at Sensational Kids will challenge you, inspire you, and motivate you to make a difference in the lives of children and families! We support our therapy team with an annual personal CPD budget, and opportunities to attend all of Sensational Kids training workshops, ensuring that your development as a therapist is propelled forward, boosting your ability to be a change maker for children and families.
Are you a Sensational OT?
- Are you passionate about making a meaningful difference to the lives of children of all abilities?
- Are you a talented professional who would value joining and enjoy growing a progressive team?
About Sensational Kids
Sensational Kids is at an exciting stage of development and growth . Supported by Rethink Ireland as a Growth Fund awardee we are growing and scaling our social impact nationally. If you are passionate about OT and all things sensory this is the job for you. This is an a great opportunity to join our progressive, award winning service.
Sensational Kids is is Ireland’s premier non-profit clinic for children with neurodevelopmental related needs. We provide state of the art facilities at our Child Development Centres in Kildare, Mayo, Monaghan, and West Cork with a friendly and inspiring team of professionals with whom you will work alongside, advancing your own knowledge and contributing to the field as you learn and grow in your role.
- Provision of family-centred therapy including occupational therapy assessment and intervention for children and young people through individualised and group treatment sessions, mostly as a clinic based service and occasionally in community settings
- The provision of teletherapy to children and their families
- To act as a member of the Occupational Therapy and Multidisciplinary teams in the planning, provision and development of professional quality services
- To support, share advice and liaise with our Clinical Team with respect to the delivery of the clinical services
- To participate in clinical team meetings, case conferences and any other service meetings
- To ensure that all documentation, including individual clinical records are maintained in a secure, orderly and confidential manner using a computerised clinical records system and to maintain confidentiality in respect to all matters arising from your official duties
- Preparation of parent/teacher training and advice sessions
- Ensuring the maintenance and development of the therapy rooms and therapy equipment, ensuring the health and safety of all equipment is regularly assessed
- Ensuring the maintenance of professional development and the regular attendance, participation in and contribution to any CPD opportunities.
- Assist with service development
- Any other reasonable duties associated with the post of an occupational therapist
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Occupational Therapy and validation of that qualification to work in Ireland
- Ideally, a minimum of one years post qualification experience in pediatric occupational therapy that includes working with children with additional needs, in particular working with children with autism spectrum disorders and down syndrome.
- Successful candidates must be accredited members of the AOTI
- CORU Registration is essential
- The successful candidate will be Garda Vetted and references checked
This is a full-time permanent post working five days per week Tuesdays to Saturdays
Tuesday – Friday 10am – 6pm
Saturdays 9am – 4.30pm (excluding bank holiday weekends)
Sensational Kids Child Development Centre, Claremorris, Co Mayo
Term of employment
Full-time, permanent post
As this is a new role to grow the capacity of our occupational therapy supports, we can offer flexibility around the starting date.
Salary & Benefits
- A competitive salary is available for the right candidate, with annual increments
- Sensational Kids Basic Full Time Grade Salary Scale: €35,296 – €44,974
- Sensational Kids Senior Tull Time Grade Salary Scale: €52,074 – €56,687
- Competitive annual leave package with additional annual leave increments
- Annual CPD Budget
- The opportunity to attend Sensational Kids workshops, in addition to your CPD budget
- Regular individual clinical supervision
- Regular peer supervision
- Regular mentoring from international OT experts
- Dedicated monthly CPD
- Support from our expert Clinical Governance Team
- Staff social club activities
- Participation in exclusive online team workshops supports for Sensational Kids’ employees throughout the year
- Enjoy & benefit from working in a custom built therapy centre with sensory integration gym facilities.
We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates who have completed further professional development training in any or some of the following areas
- Sensory Processing
- DIR Floortime
- Sensory Attachment Intervention
- Therapeutic Listening
- Handwriting Without Tears
How To Apply
Please send your CV and letter of application to Eavan Rooney, Clinical Services Manager, outlining why you want to join our team.
By Email: Eavan@sensationalkids.ie
Sensational Kids is an equal opportunities employer