Sensational Kids is recruiting a Finance and Administration Manager
Contract: Permanent, 4 – 5 days per week
Salary: A competitive salary, dependent on experience
Annual Leave: FTE 21 days with 1 additional day annual leave for each year of service up to a maximum of 25 days
Based: Kildare Town with blended home working
About Sensational Kids
Sensational Kids is an award-winning social enterprise dedicated to making a difference to the lives of children and families.
Sensational Kids is Ireland’s premier national non-profit clinic for children with neurodevelopmental related needs with Child Development Centres located in every province in Ireland in Kildare, Mayo, Monaghan, and West Cork, providing a range of therapeutic supports for children of all abilities.
As part of our innovative social enterprise business model, Sensational Kids is proud to provide Ireland’s only Child Development & Learning Store where 100% of the profits from every toy and product purchased go toward subsidising therapy services for children at our national child development centres around the country.
With a fast-growing online store that ships internationally, as well as three retail outlets in Kildare, Clonakilty and Claremorris, the retail function provides a vital income stream to support our therapeutic services.
Sensational Kids, supported by Rethink Ireland as a growth fund awardee, is going through a period of growth and development, with a changing organizational structure as we journey our way through this phase of scaling our social impact.
Sensational Kids is ambitious, passionate, and innovative in our approach to achieving our goals. Currently in an exciting phase of growth, our plans include a new custom-built HQ in Kildare.
We value passion, fun and hard work. We like to develop remarkable people. A career at Sensational Kids will challenge you, inspire you, and motivate you to make a difference in the lives of children and families!
Commitment to Equality
Sensational Kids is an equal opportunities employer. We commit to Respect, Equality, Inclusion and Diversity. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to success and help us to achieve our best potential as an organisation.
Sensational Kids is going through a high period of growth which requires adding additional capacity to the management of the organisation. The purpose of this role is to take overall responsibility for the financial reporting, compliance, governance, and management of administrative functions. The finance role includes co-ordination and oversight of the general finance functions (accounts payable, bank reconciliations, fixed asset register, debtors, VAT returns and employee related tax returns, budget preparation and cashflow projections etc.). The role also takes responsibility for regulatory compliance, policies, and procedures as well as leading and contributing to governance and risk management. This role will be a key support in developing and providing support to the internal systems to keep the organisation running efficiently.
The successful candidate will report directly to and work closely with the CEO. You will support the efficient functioning and growth of the finance, office management and administrative functions as well as being responsible for compliance and risk. You will be responsible for all financial reporting activities, including income/expenditure and balance sheet reports, KPI reporting and the development and monitoring of organisational budgets as well as timely provision of detailed financial information to CEO and Board as required. This role requires flexibility to take on higher level finance & compliance tasks, whilst also taking on some administrative duties. You will work closely with and have bookkeeping and payroll support from the onsite part-time office manager who will report to you. You will ensure effective processes are in place and communicated across the full team whilst also being a hands-on, flexible person willing to grow with the organisation and take on various administrative and organisational tasks as required.
Job Description Details
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for presentation to the Board of Directors and finance and audit committee. Reporting will be required on a national and regional basis.
- Comparison of actual results to Budget and providing explanations for variances.
- Preparation of account reconciliations and related analysis to support periodic close.
- Responsible for general ledger accounting and management of general ledger postings.
- Full ownership of balance sheet control and reconciliation.
- Preparation and submission to auditors of annual financial statements.
- Liaising with auditors and preparation of audit schedules.
- Liaise with CEO in relation to the preparation of funding proposals. Ensure reporting requirements in relation to funding secured are prepared and presented on a timely manner.
- You will be responsible for financial reporting for key stakeholders and funders.
- Liaise with the Finance Subcommittee of the Board of Directors in relation to regularly produced financial reports and assist them in completing any finance related projects that they have been mandated to carry out.
- Identify financial risks and implement policies and procedures to deal with identified risks and implement mitigation strategies.
- Co-ordinate and manage office personnel who are responsible for the ongoing posting of financial transactions.
- Oversight of PAYE/VAT/CT control account reconciliations
- Oversight of lodgement and cash handling, filings and returns (CRO, PAYE/Income Tax, VAT)
- You will work closely with the CEO on cash flow planning and budgeting.
- Communicate with the board, CEO and management teams on financial matters, ensuring responsibilities are being fully complied with and they are being provided with information necessary to fulfil their responsibilities and statutory obligations.
- Perform special purpose or ad hoc analysis as required.
- Management of financial modules of cloud accounts system SAGE
- Management of cashflow and oversight of cashflow projections
- You will be responsible for ensuring that month end reviews are carried out, accurate monthly reporting, and preparation of board papers.
- You will ensure that the Financial Management Policy is implemented and adhered to
- Preparation of and provision of supporting information for budgets.
- Agreeing credit terms with suppliers
- As a member of the Finance & Office Management Team, you will carry out ad-hoc duties as required and cover for other team members on leave.
- Reviewing and developing processes and policies are required and identifying areas for improvement across all functions to ensure efficiency.
- To keep records of staff attendance including approving and tracking time sheets, annual leave requests and sick leave
- Approving & monitoring training budgets
- Measuring and reporting customer feedback via regular surveys
- Ensure compliance with regulatory, internal, and best-practice policies and procedures including child protection, GDPR, health and safety and the conduct of appropriate risk assessments; and ensuring premises maintenance.
- Agreeing terms and issuing service level agreements with service providers (sub-contractors)
- You will be responsible for data protection and other compliance policies.
- Management and induction of subcontracted service providers
- Management & induction of CE/Tus Scheme workers
- Various administrative & organisational tasks such as planning, budgeting and organising training workshops.
- Responsibility for processing insurance renewals
- Regular reporting of KPIs to team
- To ensure that staff meet mandatory staff training such as manual handling, first aid, child protection etc and organise relevant training.
- Interview, hire and train new employees in financial and administration activities.
- Assist in resource identification, work assignment, performance evaluation, and promotion decision activities of financial and administration staff.
- General administration and office management tasks
- Like all staff, you will always act as an ambassador for Sensational Kids.
What are we looking for & why?
You should be a self- motivated, goal-oriented person with great attention to detail to support us during a period of organisational growth and development. You will be a person with great flexibility, recognising that the role requires someone who can take overall responsibility for the finance & office management functions as well as being someone who is willing to get stuck in with many varying tasks in an organisation that is journeying its way through an exciting phase of growth. We feel that this role would suit a management accountant who qualified in industry as you will be familiar with management of KPIs and margins.
You are someone who will be excited about joining an organisation in a phase of growth, whilst recognising and be willing to work through the challenges this brings on our journey of development. You should be a resourceful, self-motivated person who has the maturity and confidence to succeed in a busy environment and as part of a dynamic team. To succeed in this role, you will enjoy the repetition of working on compliance, policies and putting the right systems in place ensuring consistency required for organisational growth. You will have the relevant financial management expertise as well as being a person who can take on a number of administrative, organisational and compliance roles.
Our working environment is different. We value caring, empathetic people with emotional intelligence who also can work in a fast paced, innovative, and changing work environment through high growth. We value bold ideas and bold leadership, and we like to develop remarkable people.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- You are a qualified or part-qualified accountant
- You have knowledge and experience of using SAGE
- Knowledge of SORP accounting and generally accepted practices for accounting for charities.
- Knowledge and awareness of Charity Regulator’s governance code
- Knowledge of Data Protection & GDPR
- You will have a knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email & Teams with advanced Excel skills)
- You will have highly developed analytical skills.
- You will have experience in supporting and managing people.
- You have a professional and enthusiastic attitude and friendly disposition.
- You are flexible and willing to carry out varying levels of tasks required by the role.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You have an ability to build and maintain relationships with various stakeholders.
- You are committed to excellence and have strong attention to detail.
- You can work independently and get things done in a changing environment.
- You are a team player and self-motivated problem solver.
- You can work under pressure to meet strict deadlines & differing seasonal phases of activity.
- You have the skills to present financial reports to the board of directors and finance & audit committee.
- You demonstrate the highest levels of integrity.
- You are passionate about making a difference to the lives of children and families and are committed to Sensational Kids mission and values.
Mission, Vision & Values
The Vision, mission and values of Sensational Kids are intrinsically linked and are driven by the objective of making a real difference to those children who require early intervention with specific additional needs.
How to apply
Please send your CV and letter of application, outlining why you want to join our team.
By Email: Karen@sensationalkids.ie
Unit F2 Kildare Business Park
Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 25th January 2021
Sensational Kids is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion equate to success. The work we do is underpinned by respect, equality, inclusion & diversity.
In line with Ireland’s Equality Legislation, we actively oppose discrimination on the following 9 grounds:
- Civil status: single, married, divorced, etc.
- Family status: if you’re the parent or person responsible for a child over 18, or if you’re the main carer or parent of a person with a disability.
- Sexual orientation.
- Traveller community.
We also actively oppose discrimination on the grounds of socio-economic disadvantage.
- Successful candidates will be reference checked & Garda Vetted.
- Please note that any information which you submit will be used for recruitment purposes only. Your record will be deleted after the process is completed.