Sensational Kids is recruiting a Part-Time Accounts & Admin Assistant
We have a wonderful opportunity to join our progressive team at Sensational Kids to make a difference to the lives of children.
About Sensational Kids
Sensational Kids is an award-winning social enterprise dedicated to making a difference to the lives of children and families.
Sensational Kids is Ireland’s premier national non-profit clinic for children with neurodevelopmental related needs with Child Development Centres located in every province in Ireland in Kildare, Mayo, Monaghan, and West Cork, providing a range of therapeutic supports for children of all abilities.
As part of our innovative social enterprise business model, Sensational Kids is proud to provide Ireland’s only Child Development & Learning Store where 100% of the profits from every toy and product purchased go toward subsidising therapy services for children at our national child development centres around the country. Our retail function provides a vital income stream to support our therapeutic services.
We value our friendly and inspiring team, with whom you will work alongside, advancing your own knowledge as you learn and grow in your role.
- We value caring, empathetic people with emotional intelligence
- We value passion, fun and focusing on making a difference to the lives of children and families.
- We value bold ideas and bold leadership, and people who enjoy working in an innovative organisation through a period of high growth.
- We like to develop remarkable people.
Contract: 22 hours per week, permanent role, Monday – Friday (Flexible start/finish)
Salary: Negotiable, DOE
Location: Kildare Town
Accounts & Admin Assistant Job Description
The successful candidate will report directly to and work closely with the Finance & Admin Manager.
Supporting the efficient functioning of the finance dept, you’ll be responsible for the day to day entries and recording of activities from our four child development centres located in Kildare, Monaghan, Mayo & West Cork.
The successful candidate will support the Finance & Admin Manager with Monthly and Yearly Accounts and any other projects that may arise as the company navigates during a growth phase.
Key Responsibility Details:
• Debtors & Creditors Ledger
• Weekly & Monthly supplier EFT runs
• Bank Reconciliations
• Credit Card, Stripe & PayPal reconciliations
• Cashbook & nominal postings
• Accruals, Prepayments, Deferred Income
• Vat returns
• Balance Sheet reconciliations
• Fixed Asset Register
• Assist with production of monthly management accounts
• Assist with year end production and liaising with auditors
• Assist with Grant income and expenditure reports
• Process Garda Vetting of employees
• Any other Ad hoc duties within the accounts dept and Ad hoc projects as needs arise
Required Skills & Experience:
• 2 – 3 years’ experience in a similar role
• Qualified Accounting Technician or similar preferred
• Knowledge and experience of using SAGE would be an advantage
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email & Teams with excellent Excel skills)
• Have a professional and enthusiastic attitude and friendly disposition.
• Flexible and willing to carry out varying levels of tasks required by the role.
• Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
• Can work independently and get things done in a changing environment.
• Can work under pressure to meet strict deadlines & differing seasonal phases of activity.
• A team player with a strong work ethic
• Passionate about making a difference to the lives of children and families and are committed to Sensational Kids mission and values.
How To Apply
Please send your CV and letter of application to Elaine Sears, Finance & Admin Manager outlining why you want to join our team.
By Email: Elaine.Sears@Sensationalkids.ie
or by post to Elaine Sears, Finance & Admin Manager, Sensational Kids CLG, Unit F2 Kildare Business Park, Kildare Town
Closing Date for Applications: Thursday 24th June 2021
Sensational Kids is an equal opportunities employer