Specialist Reading Teacher
If your child is struggling with reading, our specialist one to one intervention for children offers help.
If your child is struggling with reading, our specialist one to one intervention for children offers help. Struggling readers can work with experienced literacy teacher Mary Connell.
Mary has many years of expertise in special education and who has developed her own literacy programme.
Sensational Kids offers intervention and support for children who are struggling with reading, on a one to one basis with specialist literacy teacher Mary Connell.
About Mary Connell, Literacy Teacher at Sensational Kids, Kildare
Mary Connell N.T. H/Dip Education, H/Dip Montessori, Literacy Teacher at Sensational Kids
• Degree in Primary Education, Victoria University, Manchester 1969
• Certification in Primary Education (National Teacher), Department of Education, Dublin 1973
• Diploma Montessori Education, St Nicholas Teaching College, Dun Laoghaire 1982
Other Certificate Courses and Professional Development
• Diploma in Learning Support, COI Teacher Training College, Rathmines, 1995
• Certificate in Dyslexia Support, Dyslexic Ass. of Ireland, 1996
• Handwriting without Tears, Advanced Teachers Level, 2010
• The Traffic Jam in my Brain – a sensory processing approach to challenges ssociated with autism, ADHD and behavioural problems, presented by Gen Jereb OT 2010
• Kids Express Train, training kids to express themselves presented by Rachel Arntsen, Speech & language Therapist 2009
Originally from Athenry, Co Galway, Mary qualified as a primary teacher at Manchester University in 1969. After which, she worked for a number of years at a primary school in Salford in Lancashire. Following Irish certification with the Irish Department of Education, Mary worked as a National School Teacher in a rural national school in Co.Laois. Mary also qualified in the Montessori method of Education in 1982.In 1993, Mary was appointed as a full time learning support teacher for four National Schools in the Laois area. During this time, Mary undertook a number of additional qualifications in dyslexia and learning support.In 2002, Mary set up in private practice establishing a literacy school in Portlaoise. Mary’s school, the Bright Sparks Learning Centre, has grown from strength to strength and currently employs six part time teachers and has over 60 students. Mary has been working as a literacy teacher with Sensational Kids since 2009.
Mary has also developed and written a series of Sound Reading books to assist in early reading and will form part of her new reading workshops for parents and educators.
When is Reading Support Available
Reading support with the literacy teacher, Mary Connell, is available at Sensational Kids on Wednesday and Friday afternoons
Click HERE to view our Subsidised Price List
To make an appointment, please contact your nearest Sensational Kids’ location by phone or email:
Full payment is required for each session when you book your appointment. We are happy to accept credit/debit cards or cash as methods of payment.
If you need to reschedule an appointment 48 hours’ notice is required to be given so that this appointment can be re-allocated to another child.